Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MDC

Crispin Porter + Bogusky



Crispin Porter + Bogusky - Boulder
Burger King – “Whopper Virgins”

I thought the idea of finding Whopper “virgins” was awesome. I think it would be smart for Pepsi to do the same thing. The Pepsi challenge that BBDO created is somewhat similar to this because they took away the label and asked people to tell them which soda tasted better. But CPB goes a step further and finds people who have no knowledge of either brand even when they are indentified. I prefer Burger King to McDonalds, especially their burgers and I’m not surprised these virgins did too. I think if a lot of people closed their eyes to brands a lot of people would open them back up with a new favorite product.

VitroRobertson



VitroRobertson
Audi – R8 “The Hostage”

It seems these days that the cooler the car the more guns there are surrounding it. When you watch this commercial you forget your watching a commercial. It feels like you walked into the middle of an action movie, and right when the climax dissolves you realize it’s advertising the R8. One thing I thought was a little different was the clips of the car at the end, kind of a spooky snippet of shots.

Cliff Freeman & Partners



Cliff Freeman & Partners
Baskin Robbins – “Do the Ice Cream and Cake”

This is definitely one of my favorite commercials, and also one of the catchiest out there right now. I liked this the first time I saw it. Its cheap and kind of stupid, but its fun and I guess that’s really all that matters. Sadly, we won’t be seeing any sequels of this one as Cliff Freeman has closed its doors. Oh yeah and the way the figures move on this commercial kind of reminds me of Gumby… anyone else?


Kirshenbaum Bond



Kirshenbaum Bond
Avon – Christian Lacroix perfume

I would prefer not to comment on this ad. Not because its not good work but what is perfume and cologne advertising anyway. Many things are advertised as lifestyles but perfumes and colognes are strictly that only. The end.